Latitude D630 with two deskopts being displayed

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Eddie Salade, Jan 22, 2012.

  1. Eddie Salade

    Eddie Salade Guest

    something wigged out on my Latitude D630. It now shows one desktop
    display above a duplicate,
    or two of the same desktops on my screen. One is above the other.

    Same desktop, displayed twice? Tried re-installing OS (trying a Hail
    Mary) and it went away, then came back.

    Tried flashing bios, again hoping for some miracle. No luck.

    Is this an inverter or my graphics chip ? I have photos available

    1. Advertising

  2. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Eddie Salade wrote:
    > something wigged out on my Latitude D630. It now shows one desktop
    > display above a duplicate,
    > or two of the same desktops on my screen. One is above the other.
    >
    > Same desktop, displayed twice? Tried re-installing OS (trying a Hail
    > Mary) and it went away, then came back.
    >
    > Tried flashing bios, again hoping for some miracle. No luck.
    >
    > Is this an inverter or my graphics chip ? I have photos available

    Found an external monitor and hook it up and turn it on. Use the hot key
    to switch displays or use the display properties. If it looks the same
    on the external monitor, then your internal LCD display is just fine.
    Then it is probably either the graphic chip or the video driver.

    --
    Bill