Leaked drivers Catalyst 7.95-6.14.10.6396- Dell

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Leslie Smith, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. Leslie Smith

    Leslie Smith Guest

    I've had these on my Desktop for a couple of days and haven't tested
    them yet. (No clue if they'll run or even install on any card but what
    they were built for.) I haven't seen much about them on the Internet,
    so I thought I'd share a link with the group.

    If you read the ReadMe, you'll see these are intended for the 9800 XT.
    And since they were available before the retail release, I guess that
    makes it a leak. ;) There's nothing in the ReadMe about where these
    stand in the whole Catalyst 3.9x thing, so I have no idea if these
    will turn into the 3.98 release when they go public from ATI.

    They're at the top of the page under the ATI Radeon logo. It's a
    French site, but the drivers are English. Just click on the little
    image of the WinZIP ZIP file icon.
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atidriv.htm

    Leslie

    Leslie Smith, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Leslie Smith

    JAD Guest

    ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/driver/vga/rex/9X_INF.zip

    dead link

    JAD, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Leslie Smith

    Leslie Smith Guest

    Sorry about that. It looks like Dell has removed both Win9x and WinXP
    downloads. These will probably be available soon for everyone now that
    the 9800 XT has gone public.

    Leslie

    Leslie Smith, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Leslie Smith

    Pluvious Guest

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:06:22 GMT, Leslie Smith <> wrote:

    >Sorry about that. It looks like Dell has removed both Win9x and WinXP
    >downloads. These will probably be available soon for everyone now that
    >the 9800 XT has gone public.
    >
    >Leslie

    The new drivers are days away.. Oct 8th to be exact. Hang in there a bit. 3.8's
    are going to introduce some really cool features as well.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Yeah looking foward to that 5000% performace boost.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Leslie Smith

    Guest

    Pluvious <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:06:22 GMT, Leslie Smith <> wrote:

    > >Sorry about that. It looks like Dell has removed both Win9x and WinXP
    > >downloads. These will probably be available soon for everyone now that
    > >the 9800 XT has gone public.
    > >
    > >Leslie
    > >

    > The new drivers are days away.. Oct 8th to be exact. Hang in there a bit. 3.8's
    > are going to introduce some really cool features as well.

    Like what?

    --
    "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?"
    --unknown
    | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

    , Oct 3, 2003
  7. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    wrote:
    > Pluvious <> wrote:
    >> The new drivers are days away.. Oct 8th to be exact. Hang in there a
    >> bit. 3.8's
    >> are going to introduce some really cool features as well.

    > Like what?

    Overclocking and game profiles.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  8. Leslie Smith

    Randy Guest

    right. that would be nice but?

    Randy, Oct 4, 2003
  9. Leslie Smith

    JAD Guest

    But I would like the previous drivers without quirks before moving to 'enhanced' drivers

    JAD, Oct 4, 2003
  10. Leslie Smith

    mike Guest

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 06:19:43 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The
    One <> wrote:

    >Yeah looking foward to that 5000% performace boost.

    Wrong newsgroup, you should be in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

    mike, Oct 4, 2003
  11. Leslie Smith

    Replicant Guest

    On this day of our lord, Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:18:07 +0100, "Ben Pope"
    <> quilled:

    >Overclocking and game profiles.
    >
    >Ben

    Hmm, already have that using Omega drivers and Radlinker.

    Replicant, Oct 4, 2003
  12. Leslie Smith

    Babble Guest

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:18:07 +0100, "Ben Pope" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Pluvious <> wrote:
    >>> The new drivers are days away.. Oct 8th to be exact. Hang in there a
    >>> bit. 3.8's
    >>> are going to introduce some really cool features as well.

    >> Like what?

    >Overclocking and game profiles.

    Yeah, but only for XT boards.

    Babs

    Babble, Oct 4, 2003
  13. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    mike wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 06:19:43 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The
    > One <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Yeah looking foward to that 5000% performace boost.

    > Wrong newsgroup, you should be in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

    I wonder if the performance enhancement in nVidia drivers is linearly
    proportional to image quality?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  14. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    Randy wrote:
    > right. that would be nice but?

    But what?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  15. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    JAD wrote:
    > But I would like the previous drivers without quirks before moving to
    > 'enhanced' drivers

    I doubt the same people are doing the coding on the features as the
    low-level stuff that causes problems. What problems are you having, anyway?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  16. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    Babble wrote:
    > On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:18:07 +0100, "Ben Pope" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Overclocking and game profiles.
    >>

    > Yeah, but only for XT boards.

    Do you have a source for that?

    I was under the impression that the newer features were timed to be released
    at the same time as the XT, but that they would support all cards.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  17. Leslie Smith

    Strontium Guest

    I was under the impression that is was, solely, for the XT cards given that
    it's automated and relies on temperature monitoring to adjust the amount of
    overclock...maybe I misread.

    -
    Ben Pope stood up at show-n-tell, in

    --
    Strontium

    "If you get tired, of satellite flyers. And, fame, has let you down.
    Under the wire. And, over the Moon, I'm around... When you gonna grow
    up?" - Angie Aparo

    Strontium, Oct 4, 2003
  18. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    Strontium wrote:
    > I was under the impression that is was, solely, for the XT cards given
    > that it's automated and relies on temperature monitoring to adjust the
    > amount of overclock...maybe I misread.

    I never read that!

    I can't be bothered to speculate... either use Rage3fTweak or wait the 4
    days and try it. Or both.

    :p

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003
  19. Leslie Smith

    Randy Guest

    But will it really happen or is this just more hype?

    Randy

    Randy, Oct 4, 2003
  20. Leslie Smith

    Ben Pope Guest

    Randy wrote:
    > But will it really happen or is this just more hype?

    Time wil tell. It's only 4 days

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 4, 2003