    driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
    a lot in there.

    Opinions wanted

    me, May 17, 2010

  2. me

    KCB Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
    >
    > Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
    > the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
    > driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
    > a lot in there.
    >
    > Opinions wanted

    IMHO, if the driver you are using works for whatever you use it, then stick
    with it. (If it's not broke, don't fix it.)

    KCB, May 18, 2010

  3. Am 17.05.2010 23:19, * me:
    > I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
    >
    > Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
    > the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
    > driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
    > a lot in there.

    I'd go with the latest legacy drivers as new driver updates come out
    because of bug fixes and performance improvements, and the drivers that
    come with gfx cards are usually ancient.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, May 18, 2010