Lenovo G550 audio

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Bill, Jul 30, 2010.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Has anyone else got one of these Lenovo G550's? Mine chugs along nicely
    on its single core Celeron but........

    1. Why, on a machine with built in camera, put the mic so close to the
    HD and fan in the main body of the machine and thus, like my recent
    Acer, make it useless?

    2. I'm surprised that Lenovo seem to have hardware-disabled the Stereo
    Mix option in the recording Control panel. I know the right-click on
    space trick in this panel, but nothing shows up either with the default
    Win7 drivers or the Connexant "Smart" (what is this?) driver from
    Lenovo.

    I can work around the problems, I believe, but it looks as though Lenovo
    have lost the plot and succumbed to the DRM police. I'd be interested to
    know if anyone else has one of these machines and can confirm that mine
    isn't broken.

    --
    Bill

    Bill, Jul 30, 2010