LG Blu ray and video cards

Discussion in 'Dell' started by mc, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. mc

    mc Guest

    Ok I am having a terrrible time getting ATI Radeon HD 3450, 4350, or
    5450 to simply play a blu-ray disk. I used the 3450 agp on the
    dimension 8300 and can force it to play using cyberlink 9. The 4350
    and 5450 pci express cards will not play a blu disk using the e510
    machine with xp media op sys, and I tried many drivers. I installed a
    GeForce 210 in the e510 and it works. Oddly though the vga connection
    works better on a crt monitor than the HDMI works on the Hanns HH251
    (go figure). So what is up with ATI? I thought the Radeon HD video
    cards would work on the LG WH10LS30.
    mc

    1. Advertising

  2. mc

    mc Guest

    On Nov 8, 10:58 am, mc <> wrote:
    > Ok I am having a terrrible time getting ATI Radeon HD 3450, 4350, or
    > 5450 to simply play a blu-ray disk. I used the 3450 agp on the
    > dimension 8300 and can force it to play using cyberlink 9. The 4350
    > and 5450 pci express cards will not play a blu disk using the e510
    > machine with xp media  op sys, and I tried many drivers. I installed a
    > GeForce 210 in the e510 and it works. Oddly though the vga connection
    > works better on a crt monitor than the HDMI works on the Hanns HH251
    > (go figure). So what is up with ATI? I thought the Radeon HD video
    > cards would work on the LG WH10LS30.
    > mc

    Well here is ATI's response...,

    Are you able to play BluRays with 3rd party software such as VLC?
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    The chipsets do support RGB overlay and are HDCP compliant.

    It is more than likely a display resolution or Pixel Format setting
    that needs to be changed.
    Launch the CCC software. Open Desktop and Displays or click on the
    icon that looks like a house.
    Right click on the small HDTV icon at the bottom and select configure.
    In the Pixel Format tab select different options and test. YCbCr
    4:2:2 has been reported to work.
    In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the
    service request reference intact.

    So I tried VLC and that did not work...I have not tried the Pixel
    Format options yet...come on ATI things should be simple???
    mc