    The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
    download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
    the other Linux.
    CalBEE, May 28, 2004

  2. Ed Jamison - MBX <ed-at-mbx-dot-com> wrote:
    > What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
    > get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
    > having trouble with...

    I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    into which we have two drives plugged.

    It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
    two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
    those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
    one and have the O/S detect them then?

    Thanks,
    Moshe

    --
    *** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
    http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom
    Moshe Jacobson, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Moshe Jacobson <> wrote:
    > I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    > Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    > into which we have two drives plugged.

    Actually, let me verify. The manual says it's a Marvell 88SX5040 but
    it comes up with Adaptec firmware, calling it a HostRAID 1230XA. Is
    the manual correct?

    Moshe

    Moshe Jacobson, Jun 2, 2004