Live 5.1 vs. Audigy 2 zs

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by RoadCzar, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. RoadCzar

    RoadCzar Guest

    I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
    difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is NOT
    going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears. The
    biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
    games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds such
    as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
    statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

    1. Advertising

  2. Folk

    Folk Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:00:30 -0500, "RoadCzar" <>
    wrote:

    >I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
    >difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is NOT
    >going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears. The
    >biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
    >games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds such
    >as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
    >statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

    I found the same to be true when I upgraded from an SBLive.

    1. Advertising

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Cool!

    I plan to upgrade to a ZS Platinum Pro, and i'm also going to buy the
    Gigaworks S760 speakes........ that should be a pretty insane combination :)

    "RoadCzar" <> wrote in message
    > I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
    > difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is

    NOT
    > going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears.

    The
    > biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
    > games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds

    such
    > as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
    > statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

  4. Covak

    Covak Guest

    Just checking, you're using analog out, right?

    "RoadCzar" <> wrote in message
    > I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
    > difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is

    NOT
    > going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears.

    The
    > biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
    > games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds

    such
    > as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
    > statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

  5. RoadCzar

    RoadCzar Guest

    Yes, analog.