    Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
    dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
    Someone with any bright ideas?
    Tönne Bäcklinder, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Tönne Bäcklinder

    Ben Pope Guest

    Tönne Bäcklinder wrote:
    > I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
    > Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
    > dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
    > Someone with any bright ideas?

    Does it work? Is liveUpdate useful? Don't worry about it...

    Ben
    Ben Pope, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Tönne Bäcklinder

    Paul Guest

    In article <sAe5e.406$184.376@amstwist00>, "Tönne Bäcklinder"
    <> wrote:

    > I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
    > Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
    > dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
    > Someone with any bright ideas?

    The latest beta BIOS listed on the download page is 1020.001.
    If you go to ftp.asuscom.de and get a BIOS from there, there is
    a 1021ED.ZIP file. Inside that file are instructions as to how
    to flash the 1021.002 file.

    ---------------------------
    ACHTUNG:

    Dieses BIOS darf NUR mit den folgenden Flashtoolversionen
    upgedated werden (oder h–here Versionen) !

    Keine alteren Versionen verwenden !

    Warning:

    This BIOS can only be flashed with the following flashtool
    versions (or higher versions) !

    Do NOT use older versions !

    - ASUS LiveUpdate v6.03.01
    - ASUS AFUDOS v2.18

    Flashtools -> ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS
    AFUDOS usage: "afudos /i<filename> /pc" (e.g "afudos /i1014.rom /pc")
    ---------------------------

    So, if you have accessed and used this "beta beta" file, follow
    the instructions.

    I do not recommend any "Live Update" or Windows based flashers,
    as they can miss the instruction file. It pays to always manually
    download the files and have a look at the files first, so if there
    are any special instructions that somehow were not automatically
    encoded for the use of the flash tool, you'll be able to figure
    it out.

    BTW: I'm finding now that my copy of AMIBCP75 can no longer open
    the AMI BIOS, so I take it the BIOS are being created with an
    even more recent AMI tool flow.

    Paul
    Paul, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Thats the one I used. I know how to flash in dos. But I liked the liveupdate
    and would like to get it working again.

    Tönne Bäcklinder, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Yes it works yes it's useful. I don't worry but I would like to get it
    working again.

    Tönne Bäcklinder, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Tönne Bäcklinder

    Paul Guest

    In article <42562603$0$50324$>, "Tönne Bäcklinder"
    <> wrote:

    > Thats the one I used. I know how to flash in dos. But I liked the liveupdate
    > and would like to get it working again.

    I would try flashing back to a previous BIOS. This may be difficult
    to do, if all the flashing tools are confused by the BIOS you
    currently have loaded.

    I believe the Asus flashing tools check the declared motherboard
    type, which is recorded in the BIOS code. If you use a hex editor,
    for example, there is one ID string near the end of the BIOS image.
    There could be other identity strings buried elsewhere in the code.
    (Since I cannot get AMIBCP75 to work any more with these BIOS,
    I cannot dissect and verify the contents of the BIOS. Much of the
    BIOS file is compressed, so you cannot examine it for identity
    strings, without extracting the BIOS component parts first.)

    Your best option may be to use EZFlash and a floppy or a CD.
    Section 4.1.3 in the manual describes how to rename an Asus
    BIOS file to "P4C800ED.ROM" and place that file on a floppy.
    Pressing <alt> F2 during POST, will cause the BIOS to search
    the floppy drive for P4C800ED.ROM file. It should then
    reflash the BIOS with that file.

    Perhaps by flashing back to an earlier BIOS (a BIOS that
    supports your processor version, not just any old BIOS),
    you can solve this problem.

    Check here, to make sure the version you are using, supports
    your current processor. Flashing a BIOS version with a lower
    version number than the minimum version listed here, could
    leave you with a motheboard that will not POST. (The version
    on the motherboard CD is likely to be a very old version!)

    http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, Apr 9, 2005
  7. Thanks.
    The strange thing is that the BIOS is OK. Nothing wrong at all and it says
    it is a ASUS motherboard. I though about flashing back to an earlier
    version. But I'm going to upgrade my computer in a few months. So maybe I
    shouldn't bother with this.
    But then again maybe I should flash back to 1019 just to see if that was the
    solution.
    I'll decide tomorrow, and post a reply if it did solve it (if I flash back)

    Tönne Bäcklinder, Apr 9, 2005