    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3
    BillW50, Dec 22, 2010

  2. BillW50

    Ben Myers Guest

    Re: Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educationalpurposes

    On 12/22/2010 5:18 PM, BillW50 wrote:
    > Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational purposes.
    > Make and model doesn't matter. Just one that allows for two independent
    > displays (Internal and external). Which AFAIK requires a dual head video
    > chip. TIA

    Why not see what there is on the Intel, AMD/ATI and nVidia web sites?
    After all, they are the only three graphics chip companies left
    standing. Intel's graphics are generally well into the main CPU
    chipset, but their specs are almost always exemplary. Wish other
    companies would document their hardware and software as well... Ben Myers
    Ben Myers, Dec 22, 2010

  3. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:ietumo$jff$-september.org,
    Ben Myers typed on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:39:20 -0500:
    > On 12/22/2010 5:18 PM, BillW50 wrote:
    >> Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational
    >> purposes. Make and model doesn't matter. Just one that allows for
    >> two independent displays (Internal and external). Which AFAIK
    >> requires a dual head video chip. TIA
    >>

    > Why not see what there is on the Intel, AMD/ATI and nVidia web sites?
    > After all, they are the only three graphics chip companies left
    > standing. Intel's graphics are generally well into the main CPU
    > chipset, but their specs are almost always exemplary. Wish other
    > companies would document their hardware and software as well... Ben
    > Myers

    Much thanks Ben... I'll see what I can find.

    BillW50, Dec 22, 2010