    an information source and want to share?

    Thank you!

    Mark

    Love Work, Jun 18, 2012

  2. Love Work

    Walter Banks Guest

    Re: Looking for an information source for innovative softwareapplications

    Love Work wrote:

    > As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
    > industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
    > embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
    > innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
    > It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
    > an information source and want to share?

    Mark,

    Google Alerts are like a real time Google search that emails you when new
    material is found on a topic.

    w..

    Walter Banks, Jun 19, 2012

  3. Love Work

    Rich Webb Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:49:18 -0600, "Love Work" <>
    wrote:

    >As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
    >industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
    >embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
    >innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
    >It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
    >an information source and want to share?

    http://www.embedded.com That URL presently redirects to a parent site at
    http://www.eetimes.com/design/embedded although they're indicated that
    the original embedded.com domain may be resuscitated. (holy crap! I
    spelled that right on the first try!). Also, go up one level to the
    parent at EETimes. Another over at http://www.edn.com/. These should get
    you started...

    --
    Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

    Rich Webb, Jun 19, 2012
  4. On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:49:18 -0600, "Love Work" <>
    wrote:

    >As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
    >industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
    >embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
    >innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
    >It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
    >an information source and want to share?
    >
    >Thank you!
    >
    >Mark

    In addition to the other good suggestions, you may want to look into
    membership in ACM or IEEE. These can be a bit expensive, but both
    organizations have extensive online research libraries and there are
    many special interest groups (IEEE calls them "societies") with
    publications concentrating on various subjects.

    http://www.acm.org/
    http://www.ieee.org/

    George

    George Neuner, Jun 19, 2012
  5. Love Work

    Love Work Guest

    Re: Looking for an information source for innovative software applications

    Thank you Walter!

    Love Work, Jun 19, 2012
  6. Love Work

    Love Work Guest