Looking for Bios for BH6 rev 1.02

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Roswellbob, Nov 30, 2007.

  1. Roswellbob

    Roswellbob Guest

    Roswellbob, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Roswellbob wrote:

    | Hi to all
    | i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the max
    | CPu availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I can't find
    | oldest Mainboard review on Abit US site
    | thanks for help

    Hi Roswellbob -

    Abit's Global Site in Taiwan strikes the motherlode:
    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1

    .... and the BIOS download page is here:
    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/mot...?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1&pPRODINFO=BIOS

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Nov 30, 2007

  3. Roswellbob

    Roswellbob Guest

    "Bird Janitor®" <> a écrit
    dans le message de news:mbY3j.2621$
    > Roswellbob wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi to all
    >> i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the max
    >> CPu availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I can't find
    >> oldest Mainboard review on Abit US site
    >> thanks for help
    >>

    > Hi Roswellbob -
    >
    > Abit's Global Site in Taiwan strikes the motherlode:

    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1

    > ... and the BIOS download page is here:

    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/mot...?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1&pPRODINFO=BIOS

    > Jef

    thanks, but it'does'nt work :-(...

    --
    Roswellbob

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/

    Roswellbob, Nov 30, 2007
  4. Roswellbob

    Roswellbob Guest

    "Roswellbob" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news:47507f24$0$15758$
    > "Bird Janitor®" <> a
    > écrit dans le message de news:mbY3j.2621$
    >> Roswellbob wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi to all
    >>> i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the
    >>> max CPu availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I
    >>> can't find oldest Mainboard review on Abit US site
    >>> thanks for help
    >>>

    >> Hi Roswellbob -
    >>
    >> Abit's Global Site in Taiwan strikes the motherlode:

    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1

    >> ... and the BIOS download page is here:

    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/mot...?pMODEL_NAME=BH6&fMTYPE=Slot 1&pPRODINFO=BIOS

    >> Jef

    > thanks, but it'does'nt work :-(...

    it'asys "erase chip fail", there is any jumper bios protection on this board
    ?, i don't find anything like this on bios mode

    Roswellbob, Nov 30, 2007
  5. Roswellbob wrote:

    | it'asys "erase chip fail", there is any jumper bios protection on this
    | board?, i don't find anything like this on bios mode

    Sorry -- I can't answer that. My only "expertise" in this case was knowing
    where to look for Abit's archive information.

    The motherboard manual can be picked up from the first link I gave you
    earlier.

    One thought: if there's not a BIOS protection jumper, perhaps the CMOS clear
    jumper is on pins 2 and 3, instead of pins 1 and 2.

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Nov 30, 2007
  6. Roswellbob

    JB Guest

    Roswellbob wrote:
    > Hi to all
    > i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the max CPu
    > availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I can't find oldest
    > Mainboard review on Abit US site
    > thanks for help

    I have a bh6 running a P3-800. But my last bios flash resulted in
    failure and I bought a new bios rom from Abit.

    I may have the bios code on the flash floppy I made and can email the
    contents if you desire, and if I can find it. I don't know if it will
    work for you.

    I can also send a downloaded copy of the manual you can have if you want

    The CMOS clear jumper is between the last two pci slots IIRC.

    JB

    JB, Dec 6, 2007
  7. Roswellbob

    Roswellbob Guest

    "JB" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Roswellbob wrote:
    >> Hi to all
    >> i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the
    >> max CPu availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I can't
    >> find oldest Mainboard review on Abit US site
    >> thanks for help
    >>

    > I have a bh6 running a P3-800. But my last bios flash resulted in
    > failure and I bought a new bios rom from Abit.
    >
    > I may have the bios code on the flash floppy I made and can email the
    > contents if you desire, and if I can find it. I don't know if it will
    > work for you.
    >
    > I can also send a downloaded copy of the manual you can have if you
    > want
    >
    > The CMOS clear jumper is between the last two pci slots IIRC.
    >
    > JB

    Ok thanks, just mail me the copy of Bios, i tried many solutions, but
    nothing works, always the message " unknow flash type" with any bios fund on
    Abit site, and many Awardfalsh Utility, i've so try to hotswap bios eprom
    with another MotherBoard, it'said always unknow flash type, ever i type /f
    to force the fash.....
    Can you intitulated the mail with "bios bh6" to pass mailwasher ?
    my adress is
    Thanks to you
    have a good time

    Roswellbob, Dec 6, 2007
  8. Roswellbob

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:47:23 +0100, Roswellbob wrote:

    >>> Hi to all
    >>> i just want to make working a P3 650 on this board, actually, the max
    >>> CPu availlable is a p3 500Mhz, where i can find a bios ? I can't find
    >>> oldest Mainboard review on Abit US site thanks for help

    Latest bios appears to be SS.

    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/dow...oard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=BH6&pSOCKET_TYPE=Slot 1

    Wes Newell, Dec 6, 2007
  9. Roswellbob

    jmc Guest

    You can also run Tualatin cpu's upto 1400 with slocket on this MB with "SS"
    bios

    jmc, Dec 7, 2007