    Mammers Guest

    I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone know how to
    bypass this?

    Mammers, Dec 3, 2009

  2. Mammers wrote:
    > I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone know
    > how to bypass this?

    What do you meab by "open up " the laptop?
    Do you mean loggin-on to windows and the password is forgotten?

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Dec 3, 2009

  3. Time to contact the computer mfg... give them your machine's serial
    number as well as complete contact information and they call back and
    will provide options to bypass the startup password.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Dec 3, 2009
  4. Beverly Howard wrote:

    >> I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone
    >> know how to bypass this?

    > Time to contact the computer mfg... give them your machine's serial
    > number as well as complete contact information and they call back and
    > will provide options to bypass the startup password.

    This refers only to a "Power-ON" password.
    But we do not *know* what the OP wanted to say.

    Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
    remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
    manufacturer, just RTFM.
    It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Dec 4, 2009
  5. Mammers

    Sven Guest

    What if TFM is on TFLaptop, or you need TFLaptop to get on TFWeb to download
    it ;)

    Sven, Dec 5, 2009
  6. Sven wrote:
    > "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
    >
    >> Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
    >> remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
    >> manufacturer, just RTFM.
    >> It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.

    > What if TFM is on TFLaptop, or you need TFLaptop to get on TFWeb to
    > download it ;)

    ROFLMAO
    I have heard saying that were days where one had printed FMs.

    One workaround for this Catch22 situation might be to just be reactive
    and let helpers who don't have crystal balls know
    (a) what the problem really is and what "open up my laptop" means;
    (b) which make and model of laptop.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Dec 5, 2009
  7. Mammers

    Sven Guest

    ;) yea. I kind of figure that English isn't language #1 for the OP. Always
    impressed those folks even try to ask. They typically do way better than I
    could in my second language asking in a technical forum. Maybe he will ask
    again with some different words. If it is the logon password, Googling, or
    Binging, for one of the assorted linux based password cracking boot disks
    would likely do the trick, if he has a friend that can do that for him.
    Since he posted though, must have some access to the ether.

    Sven, Dec 6, 2009