    again?

    thanks,
    Mike

    mike, Jan 13, 2005

  2. mike

    me Guest

    It's a shot, but go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center. There is a
    setting in ATI Catalyst Control Center "Alternate DVI operational mode"
    that was checked by default (so I guess that means it was using some
    alternate mode as default!). That was cuasing problems with my board,
    albeit a different ATI board. I unchecked it, and it worked like a
    champ.

    me, Jan 13, 2005

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    On 13 Jan 2005 06:47:34 -0800, "me" <> wrote:

    >It's a shot, but go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center. There is a
    >setting in ATI Catalyst Control Center "Alternate DVI operational mode"
    >that was checked by default (so I guess that means it was using some
    >alternate mode as default!). That was cuasing problems with my board,
    >albeit a different ATI board. I unchecked it, and it worked like a
    >champ.

    I had already tried that. I think starting with version 4.8 ATI
    changed the way they auto-detect your connections to your card. I read
    in the "what's new" section for their driver that was mentioned. Like
    I said Unfortunately I dont see a way to override this. It looks like
    I may be stuck with version 4.7 :-( Thanks anyway.

    Mike

    mike, Jan 14, 2005