    not worry about it.

    thanks,
    -matt

    mini chifa, Jan 8, 2007

  2. It sounds like a bad LCD panel. you have to be very careful about
    pressure on the LCD panel. Get it checked out, but unless you have an
    extended warranty with accidental damage coverage, it may not be covered
    if they think that you did it (or that any form of physical damage occured).

    Barry Watzman, Jan 8, 2007

  3. mini chifa

    Guest

    mini chifa wrote:
    > I booted up my laptop today and there was this pink haze wherever there
    > was white. Now it has changed to thin pink lines every other pixel
    > wherever there is white. I checked it with another monitor and there
    > were no pink lines. I was reading in another article and one of the
    > tests was to flex the lcd slightly. I did so and it fixed it. --> it
    > changed back to hazy then it cleared up and turned white.
    >
    > I brought it back to school and the charger could have easily pressed
    > on the lcd.
    > the laptop is still under warranty, should i get this checked out or
    > not worry about it.

    Warranty. Get it fixed while you still can.

    > thanks,
    > -matt

    , Jan 8, 2007
  4. mini chifa

    submarine Guest

    Sounds like the LCD panel could be the issue or the inverter.

    But since yo have warranty call it in cause it's obviously not normal.

    submarine, Jan 8, 2007
  5. mini chifa

    ssmiff Guest

    Some friends and I had the same problem on our laptop which got
    steadily worse. It turned out to be heat damage to the video card.
    It is pretty serious you should definitely get that looked at. :D

    ssmiff, Jan 18, 2007