LPX motherboard found

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Ben Myers, Dec 17, 2008.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    While going through my computer treasures the other day, I came across
    an LPX motherboard, the kind used in PB systems. It's a Socket 7 made
    by Intel. Not sure what CPU it has, and I'm not sure if it is a PB
    original or from some other company like HP or NEC. This one has a VRM
    socket on it, and a VRM I got from DEC a long time ago, supporting
    voltages down to 2.2v, same as the later AMD K6 chips.

    I guess I did not scrap it along with a bunch of other LPX boards some
    months ago, because maybe it is special in some way.

    Any interest? If so, I'll fire it up and see what the CPU is.

    Figured it was time to stir up this moribund newsgroup... Ben Myers

    1. Advertising

  2. Hi Ben !

    Very interested. Be interesting to know exactly what board you have,
    especially since it's an Intel board.

    Moribund eh........ ? ¿

    I thought everyone was just practicing apathy. Or maybe they are just
    ambivalent.

    ( I'm starting out with the "A" words, and working my way up. :)

    bobwatts
    EartH

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > While going through my computer treasures the other day, I came across an
    > LPX motherboard, the kind used in PB systems. It's a Socket 7 made by
    > Intel. Not sure what CPU it has, and I'm not sure if it is a PB original
    > or from some other company like HP or NEC. This one has a VRM socket on
    > it, and a VRM I got from DEC a long time ago, supporting voltages down to
    > 2.2v, same as the later AMD K6 chips.
    >
    > I guess I did not scrap it along with a bunch of other LPX boards some
    > months ago, because maybe it is special in some way.
    >
    > Any interest? If so, I'll fire it up and see what the CPU is.
    >
    > Figured it was time to stir up this moribund newsgroup... Ben Myers

    1. Advertising

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Robert E. Watts wrote:
    > Hi Ben !
    >
    > Very interested. Be interesting to know exactly what board you have,
    > especially since it's an Intel board.
    >
    > Moribund eh........ ? ¿
    >
    > I thought everyone was just practicing apathy. Or maybe they are just
    > ambivalent.
    >
    > ( I'm starting out with the "A" words, and working my way up. :)
    >
    > bobwatts
    > EartH
    >

    > "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    >> While going through my computer treasures the other day, I came across an
    >> LPX motherboard, the kind used in PB systems. It's a Socket 7 made by
    >> Intel. Not sure what CPU it has, and I'm not sure if it is a PB original
    >> or from some other company like HP or NEC. This one has a VRM socket on
    >> it, and a VRM I got from DEC a long time ago, supporting voltages down to
    >> 2.2v, same as the later AMD K6 chips.
    >>
    >> I guess I did not scrap it along with a bunch of other LPX boards some
    >> months ago, because maybe it is special in some way.
    >>
    >> Any interest? If so, I'll fire it up and see what the CPU is.
    >>
    >> Figured it was time to stir up this moribund newsgroup... Ben Myers

    I guess I will fire it up to see what it is. I don't remember. Too
    much water over the dam. Or water on the brain. But we now have
    electricity, hot water, heat, TV and internet after the ice storm
    here... Ben Myers