M2N-E SLI int No USB/PCI Sound with onboard Sound Disabled

Discussion in 'Asus' started by GGtech, Jul 5, 2010.

?

has Asus slipped on Quality with recent M/boards re USB onboard sound

Poll closed Jul 26, 2010.
  1. Asus still ahead or even wth leadibg Brand

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Asus mnot what they used to be

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asus Recommended

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Asus needs thorough reviews before purchase

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GGtech

    GGtech

    ]Hi all,
    I have an Asus M2N-E SLI
    standard rig
    AMD 6000 [x 2 3Gig]
    4 Gig of A data RAM
    WinXP Pro 32 Bit
    Bios 0801 (2007)
    nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT VGA [SLI of course]
    anyway ,
    almost 3 yrs Old ,over the past year !!! int loss of Both Sound and USB
    a common problem ,but NOT All boards ?
    Ok after restart [/B]
    Tried REinstaling Drivers etc
    (I suspect SLI !!) as everything else looks Ok
    DISabled onboard (USB type) sound [Why they did that I don't know)
    $10 PCI Sound card , works fine
    usually when some USB is Plugged in/accessed /or Safe removed
    the USB's failt to be seen AND ,strangely so does the PCI SOUND Card
    afraid this may now be a Faulty motherboard ,ouch?
    this incident could put Me OFF Asus MOBO's forever !!!:mad:

    any clues ,as I haven't seen any ideas on the WEB that actually
    have fixed this problem ?

    GGtech, Jul 5, 2010