M2N Sli Deluxe and Windows

Discussion in 'Asus' started by tank, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. tank

    tank

    I recently buit a new computer.

    Asus M2N Sli Deluxe
    AMD 64 3800
    SATA II (250) hard drive

    On my first Windows install everything went fine. I then update to the latest BIOS and decided to re-install Windows.

    Now, every time I try to install Windows it locks up. It starts to load the drivers and then freezes on the screen where it says that it is starting Windows. Just locks up forever and I need to kill the power.

    I have the very orgional Windows XP update version. I bought it as soon as it came out. I am wondering if this is the problem?

    Do you think I would have better luck if I used a more current version Window XP SP2?

    I tried slipstreaming my copy last night but didn't get the cd to boot. I was then to tired to do it again.

    What does everyone think?

    Thanks

    tank, Jul 31, 2006