Mac OS X's big cat names' desktop wallpapers?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ant, Aug 8, 2012.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    I noticed Mac OS X 10.7.x (aka Lion) has a lion wallpaper, but Mac OS X
    10.8 does not have a Mountain Lion. I don't remember earlier versions
    (e.g., 10.2.x) having their big cat names for their desktop wallpapers.

    Shouldn't Apple be including wallpapers based on their big cat
    names?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    Quote of the Week: "Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants." --Malay Proverb
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Aug 8, 2012

  2. Ant

    Davoud Guest

    Ant:
    > I noticed Mac OS X 10.7.x (aka Lion) has a lion wallpaper, but Mac OS X
    > 10.8 does not have a Mountain Lion. I don't remember earlier versions
    > (e.g., 10.2.x) having their big cat names for their desktop wallpapers.
    >
    > Shouldn't Apple be including wallpapers based on their big cat
    > names?

    They certainly should if they promised in writing that they would do
    so. I have seen no such promise with reference to Mountain Lion or any
    other version of the Mac OS.

    Otherwise, got Photoshop?

    you will say in your entire life.

    usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

    Davoud, Aug 8, 2012

  3. Ant

    David Ritz Guest

    David Ritz, Aug 8, 2012
  4. Ant

    Király Guest

    In comp.sys.mac.system David Ritz <> wrote:
    > > I noticed Mac OS X 10.7.x (aka Lion) has a lion wallpaper, but Mac
    > > OS X 10.8 does not have a Mountain Lion. I don't remember earlier
    > > versions (e.g., 10.2.x) having their big cat names for their desktop
    > > wallpapers.

    > IIRC, the big cat desktop pictures were introduced in Snow Leopard
    > (10.6).

    I distinctly remember a Jaguar themed one.

    --
    K.

    Lang may your lum reek.

    Király, Aug 8, 2012