    1. Advertising

  2. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    On 2012-04-22 01:58 , JF Mezei wrote:
    > I have Mac Pro and Xserve both of early 2009 vintage.
    >
    > This is more of a "just in case" question.
    >
    > Anyone know if it is mechanically and software possible to take a drive
    > from the mac pro disk caddy and mount into a Xserve dik caddy and have
    > the xserve read it ?
    >
    > (for instance, if the Mac Pro were to die)
    >
    > Would the reverse be possible as well ?

    Are they standard SATA disk drives?

    The link below is more confusing than helpful (to me) - maybe you can
    make something of it. It tends (to me) to indicate you can harvest the
    drives from the Xserve for the MP, but the reverse might not work. See
    also the notes at the bottom re server v.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1219

    I said I didn't know."
    -Samuel Clemens.

    1. Advertising

  3. Warren Oates

    Warren Oates Guest

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=738389
    --

    .... do not cover a warm kettle or your stock may sour. -- Julia Child