MacBook disk drive upgrade

Discussion in 'Apple' started by flarosa, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. flarosa

    flarosa Guest

    Is it worthwhile to upgrade my MacBook's hard drive from the standard
    5400 RPM Hitachi disk to a faster disk? Which models are recommended?

    I'm looking for better performance, not more storage.

    Thanks.

    1. Advertising

  2. flarosa

    flarosa Guest

    On Jun 26, 1:18 am, Michael Vilain <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  flarosa <> wrote:
    > Be sure the "higher performance" doesn't run hotter, eating into battery
    > life and possibly making the thing uncomfortable to have in your lap...

    True, but how would I know ahead of time? The disk drive manufacturers
    are not prone to publishing such specs.