Mail + Lots of emails = Problems

Discussion in 'Apple' started by mark, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    Is there a reason why Mail is so poor at handling thousands of emails?

    I imported 30k emails and it's a nightmare on my Core Duo Macbook,
    constantly showing 0 messages in my mailboxes, I have to force quit and
    restart so they appear.

    1. Advertising

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    In article <45dcd0b2.0@entanet>, "mark" <> wrote:

    > Is there a reason why Mail is so poor at handling thousands of
    > emails?
    >
    > I imported 30k emails and it's a nightmare on my Core Duo Macbook,
    > constantly showing 0 messages in my mailboxes, I have to force quit
    > and restart so they appear.

    You mean force quit and relaunch the app, not restart the computer right?

    Have you tried rebuilding the mailboxes? (Rebuild under the Mailbox
    menu).