    camera to hard drive, or even to my DVD burner.

    thanks

    al
    alans220, Jan 2, 2004

  2. alans220

    Tod Guest

    I'm a Matrox fan from way back, use to have a G400
    Just got an ATI 9600 Pro All in Wonder
    There is also the cheaper ATI 9000 All in Wonder.
    Cards come with a TV Tuner input.

    Tod, Jan 2, 2004

  3. alans220

    alans220 Guest

    Hi,

    How is the AIW card, I was thinking of getting one.

    The 9000 and the 9600SE are available. about £100 and £160,
    do you think the 9600 version would be worth the extra?

    There always seems to be people having problems with ATI cards, mainly
    driver issues, have you had any problems?

    thanks

    al

    alans220, Jan 3, 2004
  4. alans220

    Tod Guest

    My 9600 Pro AIW works just fine,
    But so far I only played the game C&C Generals.

    I believe the 9600SE has only a 64 bit memory pathway and slower memory
    (200mhz)
    The 9600, 9600 Pro, 9600XT have 128 bit memory pathways and faster memory
    (300-325mhz)

    Tod, Jan 3, 2004
  5. alans220

    JR Guest

    al,
    I upgraded from my G400Max to ATI AIW Radeon 8500 (128 Mb version) about
    a year ago. For 3D, there is no comparison - the ATI card wins hands down.
    For 2D, for my eyes they are close but I thought the G400 had sharper and
    more vibrant color than the ATI. I use the AIW mainly for the TV tuner,
    which is very good, and haven't done any capturing with it like it thought I
    would so can't comment there. Upgrading drivers for the AIW is a royal
    PITA - - here Matrox wins hands down no question. So my suggestion would be
    if you need better 3D and capturing in one card, get the ATI. If you really
    like 2D, play few games, and don't like to upgrade drivers alot, stick with
    the Matrox. I may just go back to my G400Max and get a TV tuner card:)
    Just my 2 cents - - - Jim

    JR, Jan 3, 2004