MB Recomendationsd

Discussion in 'Abit' started by User One, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. User One

    User One Guest

    I am building a new system, and would like some Motherboard
    suggestions.
    I would like a board that has:
    -Supports the latest AMD Non-Phenom Processors without a bios
    upgrade (I don't want to have to buy a slower chip, just so I
    can flash the bios)
    -A Nvidia Chipset, preferably one of the most recent
    -Has at least 2 PCI slots
    -On board Raid and will support up to 4 drives in non raid mode
    -Has a floppy controller
    -Has an IDE port for my optical drives
    -No SLI or Crossfire needed

    I would prefer to have a parallel port and serial port as I have a
    serial modem I use for faxing, and an old parallel port zip drive I
    use occasionally, but it is by no means absolutely necessary.

    Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanx