    I've tried everything I can think of; even talked to AOpen tech supp, and
    they replaced my board -- ; I still have the same symptoms.

    I'm using an AMD 64. Thx for your help. -- Bob

    BobEvans3200, Apr 9, 2006

  2. BobEvans3200

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:17:16 -0700, BobEvans3200 wrote:

    > Hi -- I switched this MB into another case; in the old case, it and all
    > periphs worked fine. while I was doing the change-over, I added RAM. Now,
    > it won't work.
    >
    > When I turn on the power supply switch, the red -protect-your-CPU LED comes
    > on, but, when I push my front-panel ON-switch, the fans don't start and
    > there is no boot -- the fans just 'twitch' once, and then stop. To re-try a
    > boot, I must unplug the power supply at the cord.
    >
    > I've tried everything I can think of; even talked to AOpen tech supp, and
    > they replaced my board -- ; I still have the same symptoms.
    >
    > I'm using an AMD 64. Thx for your help. -- Bob

    Weak/bad PSU, CPU fan not plugged into proper header (MB doesn't see cpu
    fan). But if you have to unplug the PSU to try and boot again, my guess
    would be it's going into imediate overload and shutting down.

    Wes Newell, Apr 9, 2006

  3. BobEvans3200

    BobEvans3200 Guest

    Sol'tn Found -- Re: MB won't boot; fans just 'twitch' -- AOpen AK79 G Max

    I didn't have a proper/complete/snug connection between my CPU and it's
    heatsink/fan combo.

    BobEvans3200, Apr 15, 2006