Mem upgrade AsRock P4S61

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Nyrup, May 28, 2005.

  1. Nyrup

    Nyrup Guest

    Hi

    I build a PC around the Asrock P4S61 motherboard last summer. It is equipped
    with an Intel P4 2,8 GHz with 800Mhz bus freq.
    When I build the PC I bought and installed 1 RAM module, a Kingston PC3200
    512MByte.
    Today I bought one RAM module again to upgrade the memory to 1 Gbyte. Again
    I bought a Kingston PC3200 512MByte.

    Sadly I realised that the motherboard didn't recognize the new extra 512MB
    module and so I ended up investigating the P4S61 manual in search for some
    solution to the problem. I was really astound realizing that it seems that
    the P4S61 does not accept more than one PS3200 module although it has 3 RAM
    slots in total!

    As it states in the manual:
    PC2100 for 3 DDR DIMM slots, Max. 3GB
    PC2700 for 2 DDR DIMM slots, Max. 2GB
    PC3200 for 1 DDR DIMM slot, Max. 1GB

    Is that so? Or is there some work-around this problem?

    I would very much appreciate that as I now own an extra memory module that
    I do not know how to use - except perhaps as an expensive bookmark. ;o)

    With kind regards,
    Nyrup

    Nyrup, May 28, 2005

  2. Nyrup

    Pen Guest

    You could probably slow the memory down to 333/167 MHz from
    the 400/200 MHz it's presently at. You will have to check
    the manual as to how to do this. Leave the CPU at it's present
    setting. The web site says it can do this.
    http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_p4s61.htm

    Pen, May 28, 2005