memory access slows down when video card installed

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Nicolas Noiseux, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. I have a amd athlon64 3200+ in a motherboard with onboard geforce6100 video.
    When it powers up it tests ram. With different pci-e video options it takes:
    onboard video 86 sec
    ati x600le 64 sec
    geforce 7100 106 sec

    The pci-e video card disables the onboard video, and the full memory is
    tested.
    Any ideas why the different times?