    If I do, do I need to fiddle the BIOS setting or what.

    Thanks for your help.
    , Nov 9, 2008

  2. Guest

    Hi all

    I forgot to mention that I am using Abit IP35 Pro mother board and
    that the memory pair currently installed works on 1.9 volts and the
    one I like to install works on 2.1 volts.
    , Nov 9, 2008

  3. Ed Medlin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I forgot to mention that I am using Abit IP35 Pro mother board and
    > that the memory pair currently installed works on 1.9 volts and the
    > one I like to install works on 2.1 volts.

    The bios should pick up on the CAS settings and automatically set that for
    you. As for the voltage, you might have to find a happy medium or try
    running the new memory at a lower voltage. I would think that your old and
    new memory should work ok at 2.0v. 1.9v as a max voltage sounds a bit
    conservative to me. On the other hand, if you are not overclocking the
    memory the new memory might run just fine at 1.9v.

    Ed
    Ed Medlin, Nov 9, 2008
  4. RobV Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have the following memory sticks currently in my computer
    >
    > Corsair 2GB DDRF2 800MHz/PC2 6400 XMS2 NON ESS Ubuffered CL5
    >
    > I also have 2 empty slots. The question is - Can I populate these two
    > with the same brand of Memory sticks but slightly faster like
    > 4-4-4-12.
    >
    > If I do, do I need to fiddle the BIOS setting or what.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Why do you want to add memory that requires more voltage than the memory
    you have now and, even though the timings of the new memory are faster,
    will have to be run at the same, slower speed timings of the original
    memory?

    Why not just get another pair of the same modules you already have?
    RobV, Nov 9, 2008