Memory recommendation 880G extreme3 AM3 AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Captainbob, Sep 13, 2010.

  1. Captainbob

    Captainbob

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2010
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Princeton, MN, USA
    Just thought I would throw a quick post on here to see if anyone could give me a recommendation…
    Trying to get my Windows experience index up from 5.9 on my new Asrock 880G EXTREME3 without spending an arm and a leg…Asrock’s list of recommended memory in the 1600 & 1800 columns either I can’t find for sale anywhere (discontinued) or is extremely expensive…
    Currently running Gskill F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO, 7-8-7-24-2N timings, WEI 5.9. Getting 1224.9 mb/s memory read cached, 1314.3 mb/s memory write.

    System specs-
    MOBO: Asrock 880G extreme3 AM3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T overclocked to 3.2
    MEM: 2Gx2 GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO 7-8-7-24-2N
    PSU: CORSAIR 650TX 650W
    OS: Windows 7 pro

    Thanks----

    Captainbob, Sep 13, 2010
    muhsin1wq likes this.
    1. Advertising

  2. Captainbob

    stars1973

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2011
    Messages:
    Hi,

    I have a PC with an Asus a7v266-c motherboard. The system did not power on. Only the CPU and case fans were working. The HDD did not spin and no POST beeps or screen lights turned on. Today I unplugged the battery in an attempt to test the M/B and when I pressed the pwr on button nothing happened, no fans were spinning and I smelled smth from the M/b (the usual smell when an electronic system is burned) and the system is dead. However there is a green light on the m/b which is still on. Maybe the power supply unit is dead. Before this I had ordered a new CPU for this m/b (Athlon XP 2600+ AXDA2600DKV3C SOCKET 462). My question is how can I spot the exact problem? If the m/b is dead I have one new CPU left and I do not know what to do with it. To order a new m/b compatible with the new Athlon or to go away with a new PC? Also if I need a new m/b which is the best m/b compatible with the Athlon xp 2600?

    Thanks!

    stars1973, Mar 6, 2011