Memory speed probs with SN41G2 v 2

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by BORG, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. BORG

    BORG Guest

    when I got the Xpc I used the on Board and read that the memory would
    only run at 333 max. I now have a Ati 9800 Pro and I set the memory to
    Auto in the BIOS and it showed as 400 in the POST screen but after a
    few minutes it gets BSOD or shuts down.

    As soon as I drop the memory speed back to 333 its stable again

    Using Crucial PC3700 Micron Tech. 16VDDT6464AG-40BCB

    2 x 512Mb

    Memory Module Properties
    Module Name Micron Tech. 16VDDT6464AG-40BCB
    Serial Number 1668154023
    Module Size 512 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered
    Memory Type DDR SDRAM
    Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
    Module Width 64 bit
    Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
    Error Detection Method None
    Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh
    Highest CAS Latency 3.0 (5.0 ns @ 200 MHz)
    2nd Highest CAS Latency 2.5 (6.0 ns @ 166 MHz)

    Memory Module Features
    Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported
    Auto-Precharge Not Supported
    Precharge All Not Supported
    Write1/Read Burst Not Supported
    Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
    Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
    On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
    Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
    Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
    Differential Clock Input Supported
    Redundant Row Address Not Supported

    what settings do I need to get it running at 400 without crashing ?

    Thanks

    --
    <--ROT13 it
    Spam Trap in Header

    Child Birth is hereditary,
    If your parents didn't have any children
    Then the chances are you wont.

    http://borg.no-ip.com

    BORG, Jan 28, 2005