Memory timings get reset on AX4SPE-N

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Matt Wheeler, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Matt Wheeler

    Matt Wheeler Guest

    I've noticed that every few days my AX4SPE-N resets the memory timings and
    PBE settings back to the defaults. This seems to coincide with a longer POST
    that normal before hearing the beep sound. This does not appear to affect
    any of the other BIOS settings. Is there a known issue here with the BIOS or
    can there be some other reason why this should be happening? Is it a
    function of this board that if the memory timings cause a POST issue, the
    board will reset all memory related BIOS settings to the defaults?
    TIA

    1. Advertising

  2. Claus Jensen

    Claus Jensen Guest

    "Matt Wheeler" <> wrote in message news:<5QdEb.39172$>...
    > I've noticed that every few days my AX4SPE-N resets the memory timings and
    > PBE settings back to the defaults. This seems to coincide with a longer POST
    > that normal before hearing the beep sound. This does not appear to affect
    > any of the other BIOS settings. Is there a known issue here with the BIOS or
    > can there be some other reason why this should be happening? Is it a
    > function of this board that if the memory timings cause a POST issue, the
    > board will reset all memory related BIOS settings to the defaults?
    > TIA

    Upgrade your bios to 1.08. It fixes a problem with the bios, causing
    it to load defaults occasionally

    Bios version 1.08 should fix the problem.

    /CJ

    1. Advertising

  3. Claus Jensen

    Claus Jensen Guest

    "Matt Wheeler" <> wrote in message news:<5QdEb.39172$>...
    > I've noticed that every few days my AX4SPE-N resets the memory timings and
    > PBE settings back to the defaults. This seems to coincide with a longer POST
    > that normal before hearing the beep sound. This does not appear to affect
    > any of the other BIOS settings. Is there a known issue here with the BIOS or
    > can there be some other reason why this should be happening? Is it a
    > function of this board that if the memory timings cause a POST issue, the
    > board will reset all memory related BIOS settings to the defaults?
    > TIA

    Hi Matt

    You should update your bios to 1.08, as the earlier versions have a
    bug, causing the bios to reload defaults from time to time.

    The update should fix the problem...

    /Claus