Memory upgrade

Discussion in 'Abit' started by neg213, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. neg213

    neg213

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    :confused: I've recently tried to install additional memory to my NF-7 motherboard, but it doesn't recognise the additional memory.

    If i try it on it's own i get a blank screen (windows does not load) if i try it with the original memory aswell, my specifcations only detect that.

    I've tried it out on another machine and it it works fine.

    The motherboard is about 4 years old, do i need to upgrade the BIOS or make some changes to the BIOS before it will recognise the additional memory? I had to do that for a CPU upgrade recently.

    Oh and it's 1GB of DDR 333 PC2700 i'm trying to put in!

    Thx