MGA G-200 AGP Problem

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Denis Wollenhaupt, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    i have a Matrox G200 AGP video card. (MGA-G200A-D2) that stays black
    until windows starts. I´d like to use it in a router, but now I´m not
    sure, if it´s working stable.

    Does anyone know this problem? I tried several mainboards, but always
    the same symptom ...

    Thanx,

    Denis

    1. Advertising

  2. DrSpider

    DrSpider Guest

    If this card has a TV out , turn it off,,
    I had a G200-TV and when it was set to out put to TV was on , then my
    monitor was black untill window started..

    DrSpider

    "Denis Wollenhaupt" <> wrote in message

    Hi folks,

    i have a Matrox G200 AGP video card. (MGA-G200A-D2) that stays black
    until windows starts. I´d like to use it in a router, but now I´m not
    sure, if it´s working stable.

    Does anyone know this problem? I tried several mainboards, but always
    the same symptom ...

    Thanx,

    Denis

    1. Advertising

  3. Hi DrSpider

    ThanX for your reply, but can´t be the problem. This card does not have
    TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?

    Bye,

    Denis

    > If this card has a TV out , turn it off,,
    > I had a G200-TV and when it was set to out put to TV was on , then my
    > monitor was black untill window started..
    >
    > DrSpider

  4. DrSpider

    DrSpider Guest

    Some information for you,,,

    http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=10835&highlight=bootup
    http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=3715&highlight=bootup

    If this doesn't help, I don't know what else i can do.

  5. "Denis Wollenhaupt" <> wrote in message
    > ThanX for your reply, but can´t be the problem. This card does
    > not have TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?

    The video card's BIOS is corrupted and needs reflashing. You'll need to
    force reflash the BIOS and probably the card's PINS file too, although I
    unfortunately don't have a G200 series file here. If you search the
    matroxusers.com's forum you should be able to find what you need.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  6. hi richard,

    thanx for your reply. I will try to do so.
    I´ll keep you up to date.

    regards,

    Denis

  7. "Denis Wollenhaupt" <> wrote in message
    > hi richard,
    >
    > thanx for your reply. I will try to do so.
    > I´ll keep you up to date.

    Try looking here Denis:

    http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

    If you look through Grzegorz's site you'll find PINS files for the G200
    series as well as the emergency BIOS flash instructions and recovery tools.

    The only issue, and one I forgot to mention earlier, is that you'll need to
    borrow (or find) a PCI graphics card of some sort in order to boot the
    system in command line mode before you can get to fixing your Matrox.