Microsoft reader on a tablet running Vista

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Mel, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. Mel

    Mel Guest

    Hello,
    Is it possible to install Ms Reader on a tablet running Win Vista?
    When I try to do it i keep gettin an error message saying that I
    cannot install Reader on a pc running xp tablet...
    Am I missing something?
    Thank you

    Maurizio

    1. Advertising

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Download the one for tablets (Readerv25Setup.exe). Ignore the warning that
    says it is for XP only.
    Right click on the setup.exe file>properties>compatabilty tab,make sure the
    compatabilty mode drop down menu is set for Windows XP Service Pack 2, check
    the box "Run this program in compatabilty mode) and for good measure, check
    the box at the bottom "Run this program as an administrator".
    BINGO-MS Reader installed on a Vista tablet! :)

    Jeff

    Mel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Is it possible to install Ms Reader on a tablet running Win Vista?
    > When I try to do it i keep gettin an error message saying that I
    > cannot install Reader on a pc running xp tablet...
    > Am I missing something?
    > Thank you
    >
    > Maurizio

    1. Advertising