    If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?

    Thanks.
    Kontaminator, Sep 17, 2005

  2. Kontaminator

    TS Guest

    >I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music production
    >and as I have an Audigy 2 (Value) there's no Midi port on board. I've also
    >heard of oddities with MIDI to USB converters!

    There should be an extension available which adds the MIDI ports to
    this card (depends on the exact card version, though).

    >If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    >the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?

    Yes, should work if properly installed. Note that the adapter for the
    15pin MIDI/Joystick-connector on the PCI128 will work with the PCI128
    card - it is quite common for adapters made for other cards not to
    work with a soundblaster one.
    TS, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Kontaminator

    Kontaminator Guest

    Thank you for your response. Most informative.

    Still waiting on my Midi Keyboard now. :eek:)

    Cheers.

    Kontaminator, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Kontaminator

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:54:01 GMT, "Kontaminator"
    <> wrote:

    >I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music production
    >and as I have an Audigy 2 (Value) there's no Midi port on board. I've also
    >heard of oddities with MIDI to USB converters!
    >
    >If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    >the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?
    >
    >Thanks.

    My Audigy 2 ZS has a Joystick port that also double as a MIDI Port..

    Also a Firm here has a Kitset to make a MIDI breakout box, I made up one for a
    Friend that uses a Audigy 1..
    XP, Oct 10, 2005
  5. >> >I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music
    >> >production
    >>>and as I have an Audigy 2 (Value) there's no Midi port on board. I've also
    >>>heard of oddities with MIDI to USB converters!

    This is strange, as example, M-Audio MidiSport are very good!

    --
    Manuel Marino
    Marino Sounds (Italy)
    Manuel Marino, Nov 20, 2005
  6. Kontaminator

    <> wrote:

    >I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music production
    >and as I have an Audigy 2 (Value) there's no Midi port on board. I've also
    >heard of oddities with MIDI to USB converters!
    >
    >If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    >the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?
    >
    >Thanks.

    The Joystick Connector is the MIDI Port, a firm here use to make a Very cheap
    kit for a MIDI break out box, that just plugged into the Joystick port and
    gave one Midi in and 2 out...

    A Pro muso is using this one I made up for him..
    XP, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Kontaminator

    Bob Masta Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:15:28 +1300, XP
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:54:01 GMT, "Kontaminator"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music production
    >>and as I have an Audigy 2 (Value) there's no Midi port on board. I've also
    >>heard of oddities with MIDI to USB converters!
    >>
    >>If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    >>the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>

    >The Joystick Connector is the MIDI Port, a firm here use to make a Very cheap
    >kit for a MIDI break out box, that just plugged into the Joystick port and
    >gave one Midi in and 2 out...
    >

    >A Pro muso is using this one I made up for him..

    Note that old-style DIN keyboard connectors are identical to MIDI.
    You can make a MIDI adaptor by snipping the cable from a junk
    keyboard and wiring it to a 15-pin joystick port connector.

    Best regards,

    Bob Masta
    dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

    D A Q A R T A
    Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
    www.daqarta.com
    Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator
    Bob Masta, Nov 21, 2005