MiTAC 3026E Notebook386sx

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Thaqalain, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    As I opened my laptop and took out it's AA size,3.6V,Tadiran Lithium
    Inorganic Battery for atleast 24 hr when adapter supply cord to laptop
    heated and it stopped responding.
    I have broken and refixed pigtail type fuse (of non specified rating)of
    it's adapter today,miraculously both adapter and laptop responded but
    laptop showing configuartion error due to coprocessor,fixed disk
    failure,incorrect memory size setup,bad hard disk controller/drive.
    I read following while laptop responded:
    GD610/620 Rev C,VGA BIOS Version 3.03(R1.02)
    Copyright(C) Cirrus Logic In. 1989-1991
    Copyright(C)Award Software Inc.1984-1988.All rights Reserved.
    Chips LeAPset BIOS version 117(R1.06)
    Decompilation/Disassembly prohibited.
    00640K System RAM Passed
    00384K Shadow RAM Passed
    01024K EMS Memory Passed
    Moving System BIOS to Shadow RAM
    Moving Video BIOS to Shadow RAM
    Configuration error due to coprocessor
    Fixed Disk failure
    Press F1 to continue,F2 to run setup----

    I entered set up :
    Drive Type as 4-1.44MB-3.5" 80 Tracks HD
    Drive Type 46-549(Cyln)-8Hds-38Spt-65535Precom-549Land
    CPU Speed 20MHz
    EMS I/Os-208H,Size:1MB,Base:D0000H,Extended:0KB,Realloc384:No

    Its giving following mesasge:
    1)Use AC Power
    2)Disable Suspend/resume mode
    3)Disable shadow BIOS
    4)make sure total memory does not exceed 1MB.

    I want to know where is wrong and how to fix errors and run laptop
    freely.
    Thaqalain, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    carl0s Guest

    "Thaqalain" <> wrote in message
    > As I opened my laptop and took out it's AA size,3.6V,Tadiran Lithium
    > Inorganic Battery for atleast 24 hr when adapter supply cord to laptop
    > heated and it stopped responding.
    > I have broken and refixed pigtail type fuse (of non specified rating)of
    > it's adapter today,miraculously both adapter and laptop responded but
    > laptop showing configuartion error due to coprocessor,fixed disk
    > failure,incorrect memory size setup,bad hard disk controller/drive.
    > I read following while laptop responded:
    > GD610/620 Rev C,VGA BIOS Version 3.03(R1.02)
    > Copyright(C) Cirrus Logic In. 1989-1991
    > Copyright(C)Award Software Inc.1984-1988.All rights Reserved.
    > Chips LeAPset BIOS version 117(R1.06)
    > Decompilation/Disassembly prohibited.
    > 00640K System RAM Passed
    > 00384K Shadow RAM Passed
    > 01024K EMS Memory Passed
    > Moving System BIOS to Shadow RAM
    > Moving Video BIOS to Shadow RAM
    > Configuration error due to coprocessor
    > Fixed Disk failure
    > Press F1 to continue,F2 to run setup----
    >
    > I entered set up :
    > Drive Type as 4-1.44MB-3.5" 80 Tracks HD
    > Drive Type 46-549(Cyln)-8Hds-38Spt-65535Precom-549Land
    > CPU Speed 20MHz
    > EMS I/Os-208H,Size:1MB,Base:D0000H,Extended:0KB,Realloc384:No
    >
    > Its giving following mesasge:
    > 1)Use AC Power
    > 2)Disable Suspend/resume mode
    > 3)Disable shadow BIOS
    > 4)make sure total memory does not exceed 1MB.
    >
    > I want to know where is wrong and how to fix errors and run laptop
    > freely.

    Because you removed the CMOS battery, the configuration information has been
    lost and needs to be re-entered in the "set up" (cmos / bios setup) that
    you went into. CPU speed will be correct - it's not bios changable in
    machines of that era.

    It sounds like you need to inform the BIOS about the type of disk that is in
    there. In a machine of that era (20mhz 386), there may not be the option to
    "autodetect hard disk", so you might have to physically remove the hard disk
    and look at the information written atop of it (heads, sectors, cylinders,
    landing zone etc.) and enter this into the BIOS setup.

    From the sounds of it there may be an option in there for saying whether a
    Math Co-Processor is present or not, and this options is set wrong. SX
    processors had the math co-pro disabled, so you should find the option and
    set it to "Not present" or whatever.

    Best of luck. Do you really still use such an old machine?
    carl0s, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Thats for learning and innovations + keep as antique.
    Thaqalain, Sep 10, 2005