    the above.

    Clearly I'm not an expert in this fiels.

    LK

    Dennis Pettigrew, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Dennis Pettigrew

    Skid Guest

    "Dennis Pettigrew" <> wrote in message
    news:zKkmb.1069$...
    > I'm looking at a IC7-Max3 with a P4 and 1 Gig of DDr 3200 RAM. I have a
    > couple of 2700 DDR's - would I be creating major problems in puting in the
    > two 2700 chips along with the 3200 RAM? One additional aspect - still

    have
    > the option of going with 533 FSB or 800 FSB - if that might be a factor in
    > the above.
    >
    > Clearly I'm not an expert in this fiels.

    You definitely want the 800 fsb chip, it's faster at stock settings and
    overclocks higher.

    You can mix ram, but be aware that you will have to run it at the lowest
    common denominator -- in other words, the slower ram will dictate your
    settings. If it won't run faster than 166, you'd have no choice but to run
    at a cpu/ram ratio of 5:4, the cpu at 200 and the ram at 166. That would cut
    performance slightly, and the mismatch can also result in instability in
    some cases.

    If it were me, I'd sell the PC2700 and get more/better PC3200.

    Skid, Oct 25, 2003