    Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
    sync options in iTunes/Device.

    What am I missing?

    Col. Pannick, Aug 2, 2012

  2. Col. Pannick

    Lewis Guest

    In message <jve28k$gu6$>
    Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    > What am I missing?

    iCloud.

    --
    CURSIVE WRITING DOES NOT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT DOES Bart chalkboard Ep.
    2F11

    Lewis, Aug 3, 2012

  3. Col. Pannick

    Col. Pannick Guest

    On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
    > In message <jve28k$gu6$>
    > Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    >> What am I missing?

    > iCloud.

    Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

    Col. Pannick, Aug 3, 2012
  4. Col. Pannick

    David Empson Guest

    Col. Pannick <> wrote:

    > I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
    > Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
    > sync options in iTunes/Device.
    >
    > What am I missing?

    Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
    iTunes.

    You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
    account hosted elsewhere.

    I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
    switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Aug 3, 2012
  5. Col. Pannick

    Col. Pannick Guest

    On 8/3/12 12:07 PM, David Empson wrote:
    > Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
    >> Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
    >> sync options in iTunes/Device.
    >>
    >> What am I missing?

    > Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
    > iTunes.
    >
    > You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
    > account hosted elsewhere.
    >
    > I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
    > switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.

    OK, thanks. Talk about taking away a useful feature to drive users to
    where they want them-- their server farm!

    Col. Pannick, Aug 3, 2012
  6. Col. Pannick

    Lewis Guest

    In message <jvgm61$fm8$>
    Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    > On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
    >> In message <jve28k$gu6$>
    >> Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    >>> What am I missing?

    >> iCloud.
    >>

    > Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

    Then you don't sync. Easy-peasy.

    --
    A TRAINED APE COULD NOT TEACH GYM Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF15

    Lewis, Aug 4, 2012
  7. Col. Pannick

    Col. Pannick Guest

    On 8/4/12 1:47 AM, Lewis wrote:
    > In message <jvgm61$fm8$>
    > Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    >> On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
    >>>
    >>> iCloud.
    >>>

    >> Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

    > Then you don't sync. Easy-peasy.

    .... except by using one of the third party apps some helpful folks
    mentioned...

    Col. Pannick, Aug 4, 2012
  8. Col. Pannick

    Jeff N Guest

    On 2012-08-03 21:59:52 +0000, Col. Pannick said:

    > On 8/3/12 12:07 PM, David Empson wrote:
    >> Col. Pannick <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
    >>> Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
    >>> sync options in iTunes/Device.
    >>>
    >>> What am I missing?

    >> Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
    >> iTunes.
    >>
    >> You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
    >> account hosted elsewhere.
    >>
    >> I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
    >> switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.
    >>

    > OK, thanks. Talk about taking away a useful feature to drive users to
    > where they want them-- their server farm!

    Look on the bright side: it's one more step towards iTunes not being a
    ridiculous chimera of functionality.
    --
    Software Engineer
    (My posts reflect my opinions, not my employer's)

    Jeff N, Aug 5, 2012