    the criteria or come close.

    If there is such a thing, could someone please let me know where to
    get it? Thanks.

    Kern, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Kern

    Paul Guest

    Kern wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a mobo feature search
    > tool? Something where you could/can specify various features that you
    > want on a mainboard and the tool would show you which mainboards fit
    > the criteria or come close.
    >
    > If there is such a thing, could someone please let me know where to
    > get it? Thanks.

    The only sites with a strong incentive to do something along those lines,
    are the web retailers. I use www.newegg.com for a lot of research like
    that. You don't have to buy there, and can figure out what you want, based
    on what they stock. Naturally, you're not going to get to see everything
    that way, but you'll see the popular stuff.

    (An example - click advanced search)
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=280&name=Intel-Motherboards

    This is another one. It is only as good, as the amount of info they've loaded,
    and how up to date they keep it. Has some of the same issues as the Newegg one,
    in terms of convenient or exact search terms. Sometimes, on the Newegg one,
    I find myself adding a text string, to try to match a certain want, as the
    menu items don't quite cut it.

    http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 18, 2008