    computer beep. so i left it unpluged for a couple of days just to make
    sure its completly dry. so i went to plug it in again today and all it
    does is beep. Any sudjestion?

    matthew, Apr 9, 2007

  2. matthew

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously matthew <> wrote:
    > i just got a model m recently from a garage sale and it looked as if
    > it had been sitting in a snowbank or something so i bought it for 50
    > cents. bring it hom eand plug it in and it works execpt for some keys
    > that repet themselves on there own and the "2" key put out "23" on the
    > screen. Anyways so it was working and then it started to make my
    > computer beep. so i left it unpluged for a couple of days just to make
    > sure its completly dry. so i went to plug it in again today and all it
    > does is beep. Any sudjestion?

    What is a ''model m'' ?

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Apr 9, 2007

  3. matthew

    Guest

    On 9 Apr 2007 15:11:06 GMT, Arno Wagner <> wrote:

    >What is a ''model m'' ?

    must be a new guy

    , Apr 9, 2007
  4. matthew

    Guest

    On 9 Apr 2007 07:46:03 -0700, "matthew" <> wrote:

    >i just got a model m recently from a garage sale and it looked as if
    >it had been sitting in a snowbank or something so i bought it for 50
    >cents. bring it hom eand plug it in and it works execpt for some keys
    >that repet themselves on there own and the "2" key put out "23" on the
    >screen. Anyways so it was working and then it started to make my
    >computer beep. so i left it unpluged for a couple of days just to make
    >sure its completly dry. so i went to plug it in again today and all it
    >does is beep. Any sudjestion?

    All but the very oldest Model M looking keyboards use the same mylar
    overlay you see in the cheapest keyboards. If it got corrosion on the
    pads it is probably toast.
    You can pop all the keytops off and blow it out with canned air. Just
    be careful not to knock the springs off. If you take the space bar
    off, be sure you note how the wire bail goes.

    , Apr 9, 2007
  5. matthew

    Guest

    matthew writes:

    > i just got a model m recently from a garage sale and it looked as if
    > it had been sitting in a snowbank or something so i bought it for 50
    > cents. bring it hom eand plug it in and it works execpt for some keys
    > that repet themselves on there own and the "2" key put out "23" on the
    > screen. Anyways so it was working and then it started to make my
    > computer beep. so i left it unpluged for a couple of days just to make
    > sure its completly dry. so i went to plug it in again today and all it
    > does is beep. Any sudjestion?

    Have it serviced by Unicomp.

    , Apr 9, 2007