    the modem that came with the PC also has sound card on it,so do i remove the
    the modem and install a new one in a different slot as the new modems slots are
    smaller.

    BLNND, Nov 12, 2004

  2. BLNND

    metronid Guest

    Modem sound cards were popular with PB
    99.99% sure they are ISA (the big slots)
    The small slotted cards (the new ones) are called PCI

    Must have a PCI SLOT to use them
    I used to have a bunch of the sound card combos
    They are gone to Ebay

    I do not know if you have PCI slot in your computer
    You will have to inspect it yourself

    Generally the ISA ones are Black and the PCI white

    In any case ISA modems should generally be hardware modems
    Hardware modems do not rely of the processor for their performance

    Some one here should have a ISA sound/modem combo
    and hopefully one that is at least 33KB

    People here are very honest

    If you need a link to one on Ebay I can do that

    If you do have a spare PCI slot
    Windows can be forced to disable the modem on the sound card
    with a littel help

    metronid, Nov 13, 2004