    Has anyone tried to make a new op sys disk by replacing the op sys files
    from the A version to the B version? Would it work?....just for fun
    mc

    mc, Apr 26, 2008

  2. mc

    metronid Guest

    On Apr 26, 8:47 am, "mc" <> wrote:
    > Has anyone tried to make a new op sys disk by replacing the op sys files
    > from the A version to the B version? Would it work?....just for fun
    > mc

    Unless someone knows something else I believe the answer is no.
    Although they look the same there are major differences.
    95B is a sort of a pre requistite to windows 98.

    You could rename wincom and they try an upgrade to 95B but you can
    not just add files
    Windows 95 B has usb support and fat32 support
    Is it kind of a bridge before 98 and is very different than 95 A

    Where as Windows 3.11 is just at GUI over dos
    Windows 95 A is just a more complete GUI using some of its own
    componets once Windows loads
    95 B uses extremely more windows components and relys basically on
    the Dos handover only

    Why not just upgrade to 98

    metronid, Apr 26, 2008

  3. mc

    AWM Guest

    I'll try using 98 and see what happens..
    mc

    AWM, Apr 27, 2008
  4. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Win 95B USB support kind of limped along at best, sometimes working sometimes
    not. Of course, the USB 1.1 hardware of the time was not exactly predictable,
    giving an excuse to Microsoft and others. Much better to install Windows 98 if
    USB devices are needed... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 27, 2008
  5. mc

    Guest

    Hey

    I don't know how to do what you ask but I have had success
    with USB and Win 95. I recently used a PB restore CD and diskette I
    had acquired and I am led to believe that it is one of the last PB
    restore CD's. Unlike other Win 95 restore CD's. when I finished the
    restore process with this particular one, it prompted me about the
    USB ports and listed them in device manager. With drivers for USB
    memory sticks installed, it recognizes any USB memory stick that I
    put into it. Now, trying to find other USB Win 95 drivers like for the
    Canon S100 digital camera is near impossible, even though Canon states
    that they exist. I have not found them. The USB poorts recognize
    anything I plug into it. Just finding the drivers like for the camera
    is mostly impossible anymore.

    Bill

    , Apr 27, 2008
  6. mc

    AWM Guest

    ss454 do you have the production numbers of that cd and floppy, I would like
    to try and find a copy of those? Do you know which PB machine they were
    intended for?
    mc

    AWM, Apr 27, 2008
  7. mc

    metronid Guest

    On Apr 27, 8:35 am, "AWM" <> wrote:
    > ss454 do you have the production numbers of that cd and floppy, I would like
    > to try and find a copy of those? Do you know which PB machine they were
    > intended for?
    > mc<> wrote in message

    > > Hey

    > >        I don't know how to do what you ask but I have had success
    > > with USB and Win 95. I recently used a PB restore CD and diskette I
    > > had acquired and I am led to believe that it is one of the last PB
    > > restore CD's. Unlike other Win 95 restore CD's. when I finished the
    > > restore process  with this particular one, it prompted me about the
    > > USB ports and listed them in device manager. With drivers for USB
    > > memory sticks installed,  it recognizes any USB memory stick that I
    > > put into it. Now, trying to find other USB Win 95 drivers like for the
    > > Canon S100 digital camera is near impossible, even though Canon states
    > > that they exist. I have not found them.  The USB poorts recognize
    > > anything I plug into it. Just finding the drivers like for the camera
    > > is mostly impossible anymore.

    > > Bill- Hide quoted text -

    The retial realease of Windows 95 did not support USB or fat32
    Only the OEM version of 2.1 and abover did
    version 2.0 I believe supported Fat32

    All version 2.0 and up are version 4.00.950
    Version 2.0 and above have the date 1996

    In any case search your CD for version.dll
    Right click on properties
    Than pick General and it will give date if 1996 or greater it will be
    2.0 or above

    Search OEM tag
    If 1997 or above it will support both USB and Fat32

    metronid, Apr 27, 2008
  8. mc

    Guest

    Hey

    That Master CD number is 175340-00. I have restore diskette but it
    is one, I foget which, that I had to download from the net.

    Bill

    , Apr 29, 2008
  9. mc

    metronid Guest

    On Apr 28, 7:55 pm, wrote:
    > Hey
    >
    >     That Master CD number is 175340-00. I have restore diskette but it
    > is one, I foget which, that I had to download from the net.
    >
    > Bill

    Not to rehash old news.
    The floppy or a copy of the boot floppy is usually on the master CD
    Many time in a floder called floppy.
    Many times in a image file called osboot.

    metronid, Apr 29, 2008
  10. mc

    AWM Guest

    Bill I was able to get a sandisk 1gig flash drive to work in win 95, but I'm
    trying to get an older seagate (32M), and an old dell (16M) to work. Have
    you seen any drivers for these type of flashdrives?
    mc

    AWM, May 14, 2008