    Assuming that what I have is actually a 'regular' 7AJA2, does anyone know if
    I can use the newer (Thoroughbred, or even Barton/Thornton) Athlon CPUs, or
    am I tied to the older Palomino/TBird?

    Acedrew, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Acedrew

    Acedrew Guest

    OK, Chaintech have advised that it will take up to 2600/266 Palomino or
    Thoroughbred with the latest BIOS - but not Barton or Thornton.

    2600 is pretty good going for an old KT133A board.

    Andy

    Acedrew, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Acedrew

    It's not me! Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:42:55 -0000, "Acedrew" <>
    wrote:

    >Assuming that what I have is actually a 'regular' 7AJA2, does anyone know if
    >I can use the newer (Thoroughbred, or even Barton/Thornton) Athlon CPUs, or
    >am I tied to the older Palomino/TBird?

    7AJA2 with the latest bios will run up to XP 2600+ Tbred I have a
    2400+ in my board, however they will not support barton core cpu.

    It's not me!, Feb 19, 2004