motherboard damaged? or any other hardware?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by FelixB, Jun 14, 2007.

  1. FelixB

    FelixB

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2007
    Hi,

    my pc ran completely fine. i did nothing special (e. g. changing components, installing progs).
    the next day i started, it needed a lot of time to boot - after the first windows (vista home premium) logo, there was a black screen for a while. finally, i got into iwndows. but there - "windows explorer has stopped working" - again and again and again. i i wait for a very long time, my desktop is shown. but - some progs didn't work. e. g. winamp or microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint).

    i tried to set windows back with the system recovery. didn't help. i reinstalled windows - it took a long time, then he made it. but now - still the same problems. a long boot, a very long time to wait until i can use my desktop, a very long time when installing progs or driver.

    memtest86 didn't discover any errors. my soundcard works well, too (same problems when removing it)

    but: when i start windows in safe mode, it seems to work - there is no desktop-crash.

    is my motherboard (asus m2n-e) damaged? i think so...

    any hints?

    thanx!
    Felix

    FelixB, Jun 14, 2007
  2. FelixB

    FelixB

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2007
    one of my old IDE-hdds was damaged. i copied some iimportant files and removed it - now everything works fine (again) :)

    FelixB, Jun 15, 2007