Motherboard does not beep when PC boots up

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by cryofuse, Oct 5, 2008.

  1. cryofuse

    cryofuse

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    My Gigabyte GA-8INXP motherboard does not beep when the PC is turned on and all I get is a blank screen. All the fans and lights start and I've tested all the components and monitor which all work. The only things that I can think of which are not working are either the motherboard itself or the CPU.

    Can someone tell me why the motherboard doesn't beep (as it always does) and if this due to a problem with the motherboard or the CPU.

    Thanks.

    SYSTEM SPECS:

    Gigabyte GA-8INXP motherboard ver 1.0 (with the latest BIOS loaded)
    Pentium 4 / 3.06 GHz, 512Kb, 533MHz
    4 x 1GB DDR PC3200, CL=3, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR400
    ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (AGPx8)
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
    300 GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD +/- RW Drive (IDE)
    Floppy Drive

    cryofuse, Oct 5, 2008

  2. cryofuse

    cryofuse

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    Here's a picture of the CPU which seems fine apart from the bit inbetween the pins.

    Attached Files:

    • cpu.jpg
      cpu.jpg
      File size: