    and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
    anywhere?

    , Mar 16, 2008

  2. Tom Lake Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
    > could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
    > I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
    > and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
    > anywhere?

    Try here:

    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/880.htm

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Mar 16, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Mar 16, 4:40 am, "Tom Lake" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
    > > could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
    > > I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
    > > and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
    > > anywhere?

    > Try here:
    >
    > http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/880.htm
    >
    > Tom Lake

    Tried that one. That's what lead me to look for the pinouts. The
    enlarged area below the main image is what I need. It has pin numbers,
    but no identification as to what they are. Any other ideas? <begs>

    , Mar 17, 2008
  4. Guest

    Scratch that last. I found it. It's not on my board, but it is on
    the image, I see now. Thanks worlds! <bows>

    See, I got the motherboard off eBay. Had an old Dell case that the MB
    and PS were burnt. Since it's a mini board, and mini case, I now have
    another system. :) (Had to rebuild a regular power supply into the
    Dell power supply enclosure to do it, though.)

    Again, thanks a lot! :)

    , Mar 17, 2008
  5. Ben Myers Guest

    FWIW, the Maui motherboard was made for PB by Intel, so its front panel pinout
    is standard among Intel-made Slot 1 boards of the same era:

    Pin# Description
    1 HD LED Pullup
    2 Front panel green LED
    3 Hard disk active LED