MS-6378: Allocating RAM to Video does not word

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Peter Tögel, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Peter Tögel

    Peter Tögel Guest

    I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
    My system hat 512 MB of RAM.

    Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
    Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
    increade the video-RAM.

    Who can help?

    Peter

    1. Advertising

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hi
    Increasing the VideoRam of a Onboard GraphicCard
    is impossible (I think so), because the chip is onboard.
    128MB Ram

    "Peter Tögel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
    > My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
    >
    > Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
    > Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
    > increade the video-RAM.
    >
    > Who can help?
    >
    > Peter

    1. Advertising

  3. Peter Tögel

    Peter Tögel Guest

    I stick to the opinion, that RAM ist sharable between video and regular
    memory...
    Ich habe die Auffassung, dass das RAM zwischen Video und normalem Speicher
    aufgeteilt werden kann...

    Peter

    "Chris" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi
    > Increasing the VideoRam of a Onboard GraphicCard
    > is impossible (I think so), because the chip is onboard.
    > 128MB Ram
    >
    > "Peter Tögel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
    > > My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
    > >
    > > Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
    > > Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want

    > > increade the video-RAM.
    > >
    > > Who can help?
    > >
    > > Peter

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Peter Tögel" <> wrote in message news:<400fbbdc$0$24423$>...
    > I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
    > My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
    >
    > Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
    > Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
    > increade the video-RAM.

    I have a 6580 and 8mb is the max for it. There is an option in the
    BIOS though to change it.

  5. Michel

    Michel Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > "Peter Tögel" <> wrote in message
    >> I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
    >> My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
    >>
    >> Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
    >> Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
    >> increade the video-RAM.
    >>

    > I have a 6580 and 8mb is the max for it. There is an option in the
    > BIOS though to change it.

    I think nobody

    MSI FAQ said
    Can I disable the on-board video of MS-6378?
    No, you cannot. This is chipset limitation

    Michel