MS-6541

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Anna, Nov 19, 2004.

  1. Anna

    Anna Guest

    I have a Compaq Evo D310 computer with the Microstar MS-6541 motherboard
    installed. My nephew gave it to me as a gift. It came with the Geforce 4mx
    420 video card installed. I know my way around the bios pretty much, as to
    what not to touch and what's okay. I was wondering why the Micro-star VGA
    Controller was enabled. If you have a different video card installed
    shouldn't it be disabled? I have no book for the computer. As it didn't come
    with one and Compaq's website is no help. If anyone could send me some
    information on the motherboard or the computer that would be nice. Thanks.

    Anna

    1. Advertising

  2. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Do have some basic details somewhere about this board. Will try to find them
    and email them to you.

    From what I remember, the onboard graphics are automatically disabled if an
    AGP card is plugged in.

    Glenn

    "Anna" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Compaq Evo D310 computer with the Microstar MS-6541 motherboard
    > installed. My nephew gave it to me as a gift. It came with the Geforce 4mx
    > 420 video card installed. I know my way around the bios pretty much, as to
    > what not to touch and what's okay. I was wondering why the Micro-star VGA
    > Controller was enabled. If you have a different video card installed
    > shouldn't it be disabled? I have no book for the computer. As it didn't
    > come
    > with one and Compaq's website is no help. If anyone could send me some
    > information on the motherboard or the computer that would be nice. Thanks.
    >
    > Anna

    1. Advertising

  3. OkelyDokely

    OkelyDokely

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I know this is about 4 years too late, but for those finding this page through a search engine (such as me) while trying to find information about this motherboard, try this page which has info on the MS-6541 Motherboard.

  4. toto901

    toto901

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2008