ms 7005 - which bios - and usb not recognized for F8

Discussion in 'MSI' started by q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have an ms 7005 ver 2 (says on the MBRD).

    the cloest I find on the msi site is this link which I got in the
    instructions for flashiong the bios
    http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/more.php

    seems this is closest
    7005 ver 11

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/search/ser/SerConTecRes.php?DATA=1&bios=7005

    also
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=478&kind=1
    (perhaps I have 651M-L, since that BIOS is also 7005 v11)

    my chipset is SiS 651/962L

    is that the right firmware BIOS upgrade?

    Secondly, USB is recognized for the BIOS and in windows, but not
    during. I can't do F8. and get that windows menu for e.g. safe mode.

    that BIOS upgrade doesn't list that problem fixed. I know it's a
    firmware issue , seems strange for thre not to be a fix.
    i'd like to try that BIOS upgrade but am not sure if it's right for my
    board. And the only problem i'm really itnerested in flashing for is
    the USB issue

    thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > I have an ms 7005 ver 2 (says on the MBRD).
    >
    > the cloest I find on the msi site is this link which I got in the
    > instructions for flashiong the bios
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/more.php
    >
    > seems this is closest
    > 7005 ver 11
    >
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/program/search/ser/SerConTecRes.php?DATA=1&bios=7005
    >
    > also
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=478&kind=1
    > (perhaps I have 651M-L, since that BIOS is also 7005 v11)
    >
    > my chipset is SiS 651/962L
    >
    > is that the right firmware BIOS upgrade?
    >
    > Secondly, USB is recognized for the BIOS and in windows, but not
    > during. I can't do F8. and get that windows menu for e.g. safe mode.
    >
    > that BIOS upgrade doesn't list that problem fixed. I know it's a
    > firmware issue , seems strange for thre not to be a fix.
    > i'd like to try that BIOS upgrade but am not sure if it's right for my
    > board. And the only problem i'm really itnerested in flashing for is
    > the USB issue
    >
    > thanks

    was the right BIOS.

    The USB keyb's F8 issue / win9X boot disc issue, was solved. USB is
    enabled in an obscure part of the phoenix bios.
    Under "integrated peripherals" then under OnChip PCI device.