ms8308e mobo question - matsonic

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Peter, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    i have a matsonic ms8308e motherboard - socket a

    i replace a 1.2 duron with a 1.8 duron.
    when i went to intall th operating system ino the system. the install would
    get about 20% done. then stop.
    the mouse works.

    tried several times.
    ran scandisk on the hard drive. no problem.

    i flashed with the lastest bios. 03/08/08.

    i changed the setting of the bios were the cpu runs at 1.35
    (only other setting for cpu) then the system works.

    is the problem with the timing in the bios in the use of the cd-rom.

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:45:08 -0600, Peter wrote:

    > i have a matsonic ms8308e motherboard - socket a
    >
    > i replace a 1.2 duron with a 1.8 duron.
    > when i went to intall th operating system ino the system. the install would
    > get about 20% done. then stop.
    > the mouse works.
    >
    > tried several times.
    > ran scandisk on the hard drive. no problem.
    >
    > i flashed with the lastest bios. 03/08/08.
    >
    > i changed the setting of the bios were the cpu runs at 1.35
    > (only other setting for cpu) then the system works.
    >
    > is the problem with the timing in the bios in the use of the cd-rom.

    I'd think it was more with the ram assuming the 1200 Duron you had was a B
    model (runs on 100MHz), and the 1800 runs on a 133MHz FSB. Tyr lowering
    ram timings if you went from 100MHZ to 133Mhz.