MSI i845G W627 board - Processor Upgrade

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by heavywater, Nov 25, 2007.

  1. heavywater

    heavywater

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    First of all, hello. It's nice to be part of the community.

    I'm in the process of upgrading my computer and I was wondering what the best processor my motherboard could take is. I tried installing a 3.0GHz P4 Socket478 processor which was not supported.

    Here are the specs from the motherboard tab on Everest. If you need any more info let me know.

    Field Value
    Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 03/25/2004-i845G-W627-6A69VM4YC-00
    Motherboard Name MSI Gamila/Giovani/Neon Series

    Front Side Bus Properties
    Bus Type Intel NetBurst
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 100 MHz (QDR)